My LTS March and April

In March and April 2015 I sadly didn't get much LTS work done, for a variety of reasons. Most of these reasons make me happy, while at the same time I'm sad I had to reduce my LTS involvement and actually I even failed to allocate those few hours which were assigned to me. So I'll keep this blog post short too, as time is my most precious ressource atm.

In March I only sponsored the axis upload for and wrote DLA-169-1, besides that I spent some hours to implement JSON output for the security-tracker, which was more difficult than anticipated, because a.) different people had different (first) unspoken assumptions what output they wanted and b.) since the security-trackers database schema has grown over years getting the data out in a logically structured fashion ain't as easy as one would imagine...

In April I sponsored the openldap upload and wrote DLA-203-1 and then prepared debian-security-support 2015.04.04~~deb6u1 for squeeze-lts and triaged some of d-s-s's bugs. Adding support for oldoldstable (and thus keeping support for squeeze-lts) to the security-tracker was my joyful contribution for the very joyful Jessie release day.

So in total I only spent 7.5 (paid) hours in these two months on LTS, despite I should have spent 10. The only thing I can say to my defense is that I've spent more time on LTS (supporting both users as well as contributors on the list as well as on IRC) but this time ain't billable. Which I think is right, but it still eats from my "LTS time" and so sometimes I wish I could more easily ignore people and just concentrate on technical fixes...