My LTS February

In February I didn't get much LTS work done, as other projects grabbed my attention. I started working on #761859 but that took a lot more time than initially thought, as the database design has been bended several times to make it fit for some new usecases. For example, "end-of-life" information is saved in the urgency field, making this one of several reasons why a bug can have different urgencies in different releases (despite that a CVE always only has one urgency). There are more oddities in the code base which was written with the (now long gone) assumption to be a tracker for security issues in testing. Constantly adding more requirements and use cases didn't really help to make it more maintainable. I'm glad that at least since yesterday https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/data/json provides valid JSON, though probably still a bit of finetuning is needed before I'll consider the output stable and close the bug.

In related news I've filed #780201: "new codename needed for oldstable (due to squeeze-lts) when stable becomes oldstable" today as else the security tracker will cease to work for squeeze LTS once we release jessie. And that would spoil that day a bit...